So what's next?
Several ideas and problems appeared so far. Some need to be implemented in libzypp itself, some are purely zypper's. Here is a list of the most important things for zypper 2.
- Configuration file (.zypperrc).
- Nice overall install progress.
- Much improved install summary (options to view version/vendor/arch changes, changelog, ...).
- More options to handle patterns (remove, install suggested, ...).
- Advanced media error handling with options like eject DVD drive, select DVD drive, edit failed URI, enable/disable medium specific options.
- Fixed or removed zypper shell (can it be useful enough to be worth to maintain it?)
- Interface to new libzypp functionality like 'download only'.
- and more...
Stay tuned on features.opensuse.org, this TODO file, this blog and blogs of other ZYpp hackers (see my links).